Monday, May 4, 2009

Response to Abby

Abby stated that she believes human life happened randomly by chance and we serve no purpose.  I'm not going to say that I believe God put us here for a purpose, but I don't believe our existence is an accident.  Abby says "genes happened to mutate in such a way that ultimately lead to the evolution of a human being".  Just because you believe in evolution doesn't mean you can't also believe in creationism.  I agree that we could have started out as simple one-celled organisms and evolved into the complex beings we are today.  But where did those one celled organisms come from?  Evolution is an amazing thing but it can't create something out of nothing.  Even the most basic elements of the world had to have come from somewhere.  We can only break things down to a certain point before you can't go any further.  This is why I don't think our existence is an accident.  In my mind, the world is too harmonic and balanced for it to be a mere coincidence.  Whether you believe in the traditional idea of "God" or just some higher form of power is irrelevant; but I find it hard to deny that there is something greater than us.  However, my knowledge about both science and religion is pretty limited, so if anyone has any insight on the subject, I would like to hear it.

No comments:

Post a Comment